Monday, December 13, 2010

DEBENHAMS MINI HAUL

Hey my lovelies, so a little while ago, Debenhams had a sale; 20% off every department and 10% off the Beauty department so I decided to get some things I have been wanting to try and my lovely cousin decided to get them for me as an early Christmas present from her to me. So yea, she went ahead and ordered it for me and I received items in less than a week. So great and fast shipping from Debenhams; definitely a thumbs up. So without further a do, let's go on to the items that I've got. Enjoy!


This are the 3 products i got:
Illamasqua Precision Ink Liner in Alchemy
YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cills in  1 High Density Black
Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Solstice


 This is the Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Solstice.
 It's a cream based product that can be used on your face, lips and eyes for a gorgeous look .

This is the product itself and that's how the packaging looks like, very nice.
Only con is that it's not a screw-lid top, it opens very easily.


That's a swatch of the colour itself. GORGEOUS isnt it?


See how gold it is? It's like taking your gold jewellery and melting it. =p


It comes with 1.5g of product and it is definitely highly pigmented. 
I've tried this on the other day and surprisingly it didn't crease on me at all. I wore it from 9am till 8pm at night.
 I would definitely recommend this and this was £15.30 after discount.
Original price : £17

NEXT
.
.
.


This is the Illamasqua Precision Ink Liner in Alchemy.
It's a true gold glitter/ shimmer liner (because the glitter isn't the type which is gritty). 
This was £14.85 after discount.
Original price: £16.50 


This is how the packaging looks like.
Very tiny, much tinnier than I've expected it to be.
It comes with 1.8ml of product.


 That is the applicator. It has a felt tip applicator which makes it so easy for application.


That's a swatch for it. It's a really gorgeous gold shade and as I mentioned, the glitter isnt gritty at all.
I am not too sure whether is it water-proof.
It does not smudge or come off easily but it takes a while to dry but when it dries completely, it really does not move. So overall, this is a great product, the only down-side is that the amount of product it comes with.
I might have to get a second one once I'm out of this, that means I will repurchase this. *THUMBS UP* 

NEXT
.
.


YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cills in 1 High Density Black.
Its just a plain Black mascara that gives your lashes a voluminized effect.
I got this for £19.35 after the discount.
Original price: £21.50 




This is how the item looks like. Reminds me of a gold magic wand. =p
 One word: Gorgeous.


The logo separates into half when opened and when closed, you'll know its well closed when it joins back together.


This is how the bristles look like. It well densed which is great. Easy to get into the inner and outer parts.
I tried this on twice and it definitely lives up to what it claims to do, which is to voluminize and it also lengthens my lashes, very awesome product in my opinion.
There is a strong perfume scent to it though which is unusual but it doesn't bother me much. 


This is how long the wand is. Just nice in my opinion. =)


The YSL compared to the DIOR Iconic Extreme.
I prefer the YSL in terms of volumizing and lengthening and as well as the darkness of the colour.
The DIOR Iconic Extreme is great as well in terms of defining my lashes and slightly volumizing and lengthening but not as dark in colour as the YSL one.

Okay, so that's my post for my recent most haul, I think you guys will know by now that I love anything and everything in the shade of a lovely gold (except the mascara XD) but yea, I hope you guys find it informative =) and as usual, if there's anything that you guys would like me to do a detailed review of, just drop me a comment. Thank you! 

LOVE,
ALVINA 


No comments: