Wednesday, January 19, 2011

REVIEW: MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush



Above is MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush. I wanted this brush ever since I got into a kick for contoured looks. So I decided to get it as a Christmas present for myself. If I'm not mistaken, the bristles are made of goat hair and it is really, really soft! OMG...it is SUPER soft, trust me. Now, the fact that the bristles are white actually kinda puts me off because once it is used, it looks really dirty so yea, very disgusting but it does what it's supposed to do.

I used it mainly for contouring as I have a another brush which I use for applying blushers only. So yea I use it to contour my cheekbones, jawline and hairline and sometimes the sides of the bridge of my nose. It can be used as a blush brush as well but I mainly bought it for contouring purposes so yea, depending on personal preference as well. Definitely check it out if you need a good quality brush for contouring or even as a blush brush.

The price is pretty expensive : I bought it at £22.50 but after the VAT increased the new price for it in the UK at the moment on their website states that it is £24.00. Luckily I bought it earlier. =) But personally I think MAC brushes are indeed an investment, it can definitely last you a long time if it is well taken care of but sometimes, there are cheaper alternatives out there as well but I haven't seen too many Angled Brush out there so I just decided to get this one instead.

Well, I hope that helps and please do rate the post if you find it helpful or not =)
LOVE,
ALVINA

No comments: