Monday, January 24, 2011

ILLAMASQUA HAUL AND REVIEW!

I ordered some Illamasqua goodies after Christmas as they there was a code that we could use for a 15% discount and they were also having an online sale for selected items so I took the advantage of the 15% discount code and I also got one thing from the online sale that they were having as the other 3 items I wanted wasn't in their online sale's list, so I just used the 15% discount code for the 3 items.

So I got 3 Blushers, and a face primer; 2 of the Blushers are powder and 1 is a cream blusher and as for the face primer, I got the Satin Primer instead of the Matte Primer.


So let's start with the "Satin Primer":


Before applying make-up, it is best to prepare your face with a primer; as this evens out the skin and allows a better application of either your foundation or powder and it also gives one's face a better look (e.g. I got the Satin Primer and this gives my face a more 'dewy' look, if you get the Matte Primer it will give your look a more 'matte' look) I did not get the Matte primer mainly because my skin is a little dry, not too dry but dry at certain areas and I think if I were to get the Matte primer, it would enhance those dry spots that I have and overall with this Satin primer, I really like it as it does even out my skin and allows a more smooth application of foundation and I love the effect it gives on my skin. It has a vanilla scent to it but it's ok for me and it comes out as a white liquid-lotion texture but it blends out into the skin without leaving your face looking white. The primer was £19.00 but after the 15% discount, it was £16.15.


Next thing I purchased and LOVING IT! is the Powder Blush in "Rumour":


This I love so, so much! It is described as a Pale pinky-beige with a matte finish but I would agree with the description of it but on my skin it looks just like a beige which makes it really great for contouring and that was the main reason why I got it. So I'm really happy with it as it does serve it's purpose and the powder is highly pigmented as well as finely milled which is great as it blends in effortlessly. Another shade which is great for contouring from Illamasqua would be "Disobey" but it will be great if you could go to their counter and choose the shade that best suits your skin tone as I've heard that there are a few contouring shades depending on your skin tone but "Rumour" suits me just fine and I'm happy with it. The Powder Blushers are £16.50 each but as it was on sale on their website, I can't remember how much it was but if I wasn't mistaken it was either £9.00 or £10.50.


Another Blusher that I got was the Powder Blush in "Lover":


This powder blush is not something that I would go for naturally but I've been on a kick recently for peach/beige Blushers so I got this one. It is described as a Soft Apricot with a matte finish as well and it is gorgeous, on my cheek, it just brightens up my whole face. In person it looks scary in the pan as it looks like a really bright peachy orange shade but once applied on the cheek it is beautiful and you'll only need a little as all Illamasqua's products are highly pigmented. So make sure you use a light-hand if you dont want to go out looking like a clown. This is originally £16.50 but after the 15% discount, it was £14.03.


The next Blusher is not a powder blush, it is a Cream Blush in "Rude":


This is another blush that is famous when it comes to Illamasqua and it is a coral pink shade in the pan and also when swatched. It also looks really scary in the pan but when applied it gives a nice flush to the cheeks. I was very surprised with the texture of this cream blush as I've never felt a cream blush so smooth before and it doesn't come off as super pigmented when swatched but it is definitely buildable and feels so light. And the best part is, this can also be used on the lips! which is great and a plus point. The thing about Illamasqua is that their products are highly versatile. So, this was £16.50 also but after the 15% discount, it was £14.03.

Here are some swatches:


From Top to Bottom: Rumour, Lover and Rude (all swatched heavily for swatching purposes)


LOVE,
ALVINA

No comments: